Some helpful information you must know when working with Sharepoint import/export is that production and target site versions must be the same. Sometimes MS Project Server and Team Foundation Server are installed; in which case both the production server and target server must be on the same version.
While trying to move a site from one server to the other using (export-spweb -identity http://contosoweb -path \\servershare\bu\site.cmp) then on the target server I used (import-spweb -identity http://contosoweb/ -path \\servershare\bu\site.cmp). I would receive error:
Error: “Import-Spweb : Could not find Webtemplate PWS#6215 with LCID 1033.”
Upon further investigation I found the; Solution:
- Install same MS Project Server 2010 that the production server has on the target server
- Install same MS Team Foundation Server that the production server has on the target server
- Open a SharePoint Management Shell
- Know your site URL
- Type everything between the quotes, and not including the quotes “(get-spweb http://servername/sites/sharepointrocks).webtemplate”
- Type everything between the quotes, and not including the quotes “(get-spweb http://servername/sites/sharepointrocks).webtemplateid”
The last 2 commands will give you the production template and ID used on the production server and just match the template and ID on the target server; when the sites are created using the correct templates you can then run the import command!