During install if you see symptons below:
ccmsetup.log error: CcmSetup is exiting with return code 0
policyagent.log: Already processed Machine assignments from ‘SMS:*site code*’ with the cookie ”.
policyagent.log: Skipping request for user policy assignments due to agent configuration for authority ‘SMS:*site code*’.
ccmexec.log: System task ‘SMS*_Startup’ returned error code 0x87d0027f
Configuration manager symptoms for client:
1.) Components are installed but not enabled
2.) Actions tab only shows Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle
3.) User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle
4.) Site tab has the correct site code
And the client shows in SCCM but the properties of the system shows “Not approved”
- First of all, to fix this issue you must setup a boundary and boundary group. If the clients are in a workgroup; I have used subnet/IP range when creating the boundary for the workgroup
- Also you can use DNS if your network uses one. If not then you will have to create an entry in the host file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts for the server
- I have setup a batch file and used the command below:
- ccmsetup.exe smssitecode=SHA smsmp=ndinwput1 CCMHTTPPort=80 “/mp:http://servername.domain.name”
- echo 188.8.131.52 NDINWPUT1.NTIS2.GOV >> C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Then install the client. Once the install is correct you will see the system in SCCM and will have to approve the system in SCCM by right-click on the system and select “Approve”,
- Refresh the client policy with policy spy found here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29265 or let the default refresh happen. If you want a manual refresh open configuration manager in the control panel of the client, click on actions tab and run all of the actions.
- When troubleshooting client install, pay close attention to the logs below; It’s best to use cmtrace when opening the files :
- ccmsetup.log: found in C:\Windows\ccmsetup\logs folder of client
- clientlocation.log found in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs folder of client
- locationservices.log found in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs folder of client
- policyagent.log found in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs folder of client
- policyevaluator.log found in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs folder of client
If this isn’t clear or need further assistance feel free to comment. I know SCCM can be a little bit tricky especially in workgroup or untrusted domains!